Saturday, August 15, 2009

Al Jones will be laid to rest today.

I'm going to the funeral today at 2:00. Al Jones is going to be laid to rest in the very cemetery that he was the overseer of for so many years. Its fitting he will be laid to rest in the Cemetery that is adjacent to his own property. He will rest not far from my Dad. I remember he showed me the very cool little bench that will be his marker a few years back. His son Bill lives so close to the cemetery he can almost see the plot. My Mom still lives right across the street. She can walk over to tend Dad's plot. Dad was 85 when he passed and so was Al. Both men lived close to the old school where they worked and both men will be resting very close together in the cemetery. There is something very comforting about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment